Business rates - make a payment
There are several ways to pay your business rates.
If your business rates account has been passed to an enforcement agent (bailiff), payments should be made to them.
You can pay now by debit, credit card or PayPal.
(Please note that a charge of 1.3% will be levied on all payments made by credit card)
Pay by direct debit
Have you considered paying your business rates by Direct Debit? It takes just 5 minutes to set up, saving you time over the year compared with other forms of payment.
Pay by standing order, BACS or on line banking
Payment can be made direct to our bank:
- Barclays Bank PLC, 1 Central Street, The Rock, Bury, BL9 0JN
- Sort code: 20-16-08, Account number: 33020983
Please quote your business rates account number, and make sure that your payment is received by its due date.
You can pay by debit or credit card on 0161-253-5035 (Monday to Fridays 8.45am to 5pm). If you do not know your business rates account number we can still take a payment after you have answered some security questions.
You can also use our 24 hour automated payment line on 0845-305-2197.
(Please note a charge of 1.3% will be levied on all payments made by credit card)
You can pay your bill at:
- Post Offices and Paypoint outlets - the Post Office will also accept cheques which should be made out to 'Post Office Ltd'.
- Council offices in Bury, Prestwich and Radcliffe - Bury and Prestwich offices will also accept cash payment
- Libraries and Council Information Points
Check your business rates balance
If you have an Open Access account you can check your business rates balance on line.
If you would like to set up an Open Access account, we need to issue you with a user name and password. Please email us using the form in the contact section at the top right hand corner of this page, and let us know your:
- reference or account number