Application and appeal to change Primary School
If you would like to change your child's primary school, you must contact the school you wish your child to attend directly in the first instance. If the school has vacancies, they should be able to arrange admission on your behalf. If the school is full, you will need to appeal for a place or select an alternative school.
If your child has an Education and Health Care Plan, previously known as a statement you should contact the Special Educational Needs (SEN) team on 0161-253-5969, who will be able to advise you.
A list of all nursery and primary schools can be found below.
If you wish to appeal, you will need to complete the Common Application Form, (CAF3), which is available:
- online above
- as a form: Transfer between primary schools CAF3 application form [158kb]
- from a primary school
- from the local authority (LA) at 3 Knowsley Place, Duke Street, Bury, BL9 0EJ.
You should not withdraw your child from school before this process is complete.
Once your appeal has been received:
- A statement will be prepared outlining the reasons why a place has not been offered. The appeal documentation will be forwarded to the Democratic Services Section who will arrange the appeals meeting.
- You will receive notification of the date and will be invited to attend. The Appeals Panel will consider the case as presented and a decision will be reached based on this information.
- Any enquiries relating to the date/time of the appeals meetings, the decision or the process of the Appeals Panels should be made to Democratic Services Telephone: 0161-253-5398.
- The decision of the Appeals Panel is binding. If the decision is in your favour, then a place will be offered to your child and the school will be notified accordingly.
- You will be asked if you wish your child's name to remain on a waiting list for a school. In the event of a place becoming available, it will be offered in accordance with the admission policy for the relevant school. If your child is next on the waiting list, you will be contacted.
If you need any advice on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will try to help.