Job vacancies at Bury Council
Bury Council have teamed up with other public sector organisations from across the North West for a new career website and dynamic online recruitment system to improve your experience of applying for jobs.
Our online system offers many benefits such as:
- Search for jobs in Bury and the Greater Manchester and North West areas from one site;
- Set up your own profile online and update the details as and when you want to;
- Complete your application form online and submit it with a click of a button;
- Tired of filling out the same information? Once completed your details can be transferred for other applications;
- Get alerts about new vacancies as and when they come up;
- A faster response for the outcome of your application.
Candidate home page (On-line applications)
Once registered, you will be able to access your applications, emails and documentation relating to jobs you have applied for all in one place.
If you are a young person looking for work, you may find some useful information on Become Charity web site.
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality
Under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 it is a criminal offence to employ a person who is subject to immigration control, unless they have documentation which permits them to work in the UK. You should therefore be aware that we will make checks to ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK.
Some posts in the Council are politically restricted under the Local Government & Housing Act. Politically restricted posts fall into two categories. Specified posts, which have no right of appeal and sensitive posts, although there is some scope for appeal on the grounds that the Council has wrongly applied the criteria.
Where a political restriction is applied, this may mean that you may not be permitted, or may be restricted, in your political interests or associations.
You are therefore prevented from having any active political role either in or outside the workplace. You will not be able to stand for or hold elected office as:
- local councillor
- Member of the Welsh Assembly
- Members of the Scottish Parliament.
You are also restricted from:
- canvassing on behalf of a political party or a person who is or seeks to be a candidate
- speaking to the public at large or publishing any written or artistic work that could give the impression that you are advocating support for a political party.
The cumulative effect of these restrictions is to limit you to bare membership of political parties, with no active participation within the party permitted.
If the post you are applying for is politically restricted this will be notified to you during the application process.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Council is committed to Equality and Diversity in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Bury Council supports people who want to balance their life and work.
All disabled candidates who meet the essential job-related criteria will be guaranteed an interview. Appointment will be on merit.
All Bury Council's services have achieved Investors In People recognition.