Household waste recycling centres - tips
If you live in the Borough of Bury you can take your extra household waste to any household waste and recycling centre (HWRC) in Greater Manchester. The network of centres gives you the flexibility to use the centre that is nearest to you or another one that is on route on your journey, on your way to or from work, for example.
HWRCs accept a wide range of recyclable and non-recyclable items. They are open 7 days a week (except 25 December and 1 January when they are closed) from 8am to 6pm in the winter and 8am to 8pm in the summer.
Height restrictions at HWRCs
The height of the entrance to all HWRCs is 2 metres (6 feet, 6 inches). If your vehicle is over 2 metres high you will need to use the weighbridge access and provide proof of identity. Don't forget to check weighbridge opening times as these differ from the HWRCs.
Mini recycling centres
Within the Borough of Bury we also have a network of mini recycling centres in parks and at other community locations. At the mini recycling centres you can recycle:
• paper and cardboard;
• food tins and drink cans;
• glass bottles and jars;
• plastic bottles.
Mini recycling centres in Bury
- Bell Vue Terrace, off Manchester Road (shoes only)
- Clarence Park, Walmerslery Road
- Hoyles Park, Huntley Mount Road
- Lord Raglan car park, Walmersley Old Road
- Openshaw Park, Rochdale Road
- Opposite Wilkinsons car park, Parsons Lane (shoes and textiles only)
- Whitehead Park, Ainsworth Road
Mini recycling centres in Prestwich and Whitefield
- Lily Hill Street car park, Whitefield (shoes and textiles only)
- St Mary's Park, Bury New Road, Prestwich
- Whitefield Park, Stanley Road
Mini recycling centres in Radcliffe
- Bolton Road Park, Wordsworth Avenue
- Bradley Fold car park, Bradley Fold Road
- Close Park, Dumers Lane
- Metrolink station, Spring Lane (shoes and textiles only)
Mini recycling centres in Ramsbottom and Tottington
- Nuttall Park, Nuttall Hall Road, Ramsbottom
- Town Meadow Park, off Market Street, Tottington