Bid for a property
You must be registered on our Housing Waiting List before you can bid for a property. If you are not already registered click here to apply for housing in Bury.
Once you are registered on the housing waiting list you can search and bid for 'suitable' properties online using the username and password we give you (Please contact us if you have forgotten your username or password).
Please only bid for properties that are 'suitable' for you, for example:
- a single person will not be considered for a 3 bedroom house; and
- a large family will not be considered for a property that would make them overcrowded.
You can also bid for properties:
- at Housing Connect and Direct, Bury Town Hall;
- at Six Town Housing, 6 Knowsley Place, Angouleme Way, Bury, BL9 0EL;
- at Council Information Points;
Properties are advertised each Wednesday for one week. All bids must be received by no later than 5pm the following Tuesday.
All bids are checked once the closing date has passed. Only the successful applicant will be notified.
Properties will be let to applicants who apply and have the highest priority need. Adapted properties are let to applicants who apply, require the adaptations and have the highest priority.
If you are made an offer of a property, we will not consider your expressions of interest for any other properties until you have let us know whether or not you want to accept the property offered.